Step by Step Directions for Techs
Force DirSync to perform an immediate directory synchronization
October 23, 2013Posted by on
If you need DirSync to initiate a directory synchronization immediately, you can perform the following procedure:
- Open Powershell
- Navigate to the Windows Azure Active Directory Sync directory
- cd “C:\Program Files\Windows Azure Active Directory Sync\”
- Launch the config shell
- A new window will open. Type “Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync” (without the quotes)
(if that command gets too long, don’t forget that pressing the TAB key will complete your commands in PowerShell!)
That’s it. I know it isn’t very impressive. Where is the status? How do you know if it worked? I will show you that too!
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to “C:\Program Files\Windows Azure Active Directory Sync\SYNCBUS\Synchronization Service\UIShell”
- Double click on miisclient.exe to open this window:
This gives you the status of all of your jobs that have ran, including the current one that was initiated from the script!